Welcome to Helpmetry!
Information You Provide
This is information that you provide to us through text fields, such as your name, payment information, goals and rewards. The information we collect is different depending on if you are an account holder, become a patron by supporting a creator, or become a creator by creating your own Helpmetry page.
To create an account on Helpmetry you have to provide your:
- Email address
You may also sign up using a Facebook account and email address. We will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name, profile picture, and friend list. You can choose to stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Helpmetry’s access to that account.
You also have the option to add more information to your profile, such as a location, social media links and an about section, which we store along with any comments or messages you submit through Helpmetry.
We collect and process information about the creators you support, the level at which you support them, what rewards you receive and how often you support them.
As a patron, if you select a reward tier with a physical reward, then you have to provide your shipping information so the creator can ship you the reward.
A creator is someone who creates a Helpmetry page requesting financial support from patrons. To become a creator, you must create a page that describes what you are creating, any rewards you are offering and any financial goals you have. We collect and process this information along with any additional information you add to your profile. To receive payments you have to create an account with one of our payment partners: PayPal, Stripe or Payoneer. You must also provide us with additional information for tax purposes. Depending on your location you have to fill out a form with some combination of your:
- Legal name
- Social security number or employer identification number
- Country of citizenship
- Foreign tax identification number
- Date of birth
Information We Collect
We collect information automatically as you navigate the site or through our third party analytics providers. We may store usage information such as the type of device you use to access Helpmetry, your operating system, browser type, IP address, and device ID, the pages you visit or request, links clicked, referring sites, user interactions and your search terms. We also derive your location from your IP address.
Do Not Track
Our service does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means our third party analytics providers may associate your usage on Helpmetry with your usage on other sites.
We use third-party advertising cookies to present you with opportunities while on Helpmetry. We also use retargeting cookies to present you with Helpmetry advertising on other websites.
- Facebook Custom Audiences: You can adjust your Facebook advertising settings from within your Facebook account and opt-out of advertisements from within the Facebook application.
- Google Adwords: You can adjust the Google ads settings and opt-out of this program.
- Twitter Tailored Audiences: You can opt-out of seeing interest-based advertising on Twitter.
While we try to keep this list up to date, we often experiment with new third party analytics providers, and this list may not be exhaustive.
How We Use Your Information
We never sell your information to anyone. We use your information to:
- provide Helpmetry to you.
- allow you to sign in to your account.
- allow you to support creators through Helpmetry.
- allow you to collect money as a creator.
- send you emails relevant to your usage, as controlled by your email preferences.
- reply to your questions.
- understand how you use the service and market Helpmetry to you, including suggesting creators you may be interested in supporting.
- create better tools for creators to serve patrons.
- conduct research and development to improve Helpmetry and develop future products that our users may be interested in by analyzing how you use it.
- prevent fraud and abuse on Helpmetry.
Information Shared with Creators
If you are a patron, the following information is shared with the creators you support:
- Your email address and other profile information.
- Any messages you send them through Helpmetry.
- Your address if you have signed up for a reward that requires shipping.
- All information about your pledge, including amount and start date.
- Some information about how you use Helpmetry. This is aggregated or anonymized so that it cannot be linked back to any individual user.
Information Shared with Third Parties
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share this data under the following circumstances:
- With your permission, with creators or services used by creators to deliver content and rewards.
- With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as order fulfillment, email management, analyzing data trends, credit card processing and fraud detection and prevention. These companies may have access to personal information to perform their services and are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), to protect the security or integrity of Helpmetry, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Helpmetry, its employees, users, or others. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
Information Shared with the Public
The following information is publicly accessible:
- Your profile, and your social media links and location if you add that information.
- By default the creators you support are publicly displayed. If you flag your account as private, we will not display the creators you support.
- Any posts or comments you make on a creator’s page.
- We may share aggregated or anonymized usage data in blog posts, press releases, or in other ways to share information about Helpmetry’s usage. Aggregated or anonymized data cannot be linked back to any individual Helpmetry user.
You can modify or delete certain information associated with your account on the settings pages.
You can remove your public facing information by emailing [email protected] to have your account disabled and removed from public view. When we disable an account we remove your password information and profile image from the database, but if you wish to delete any other information permanently you should change it prior to disabling the account.
Even if an account is disabled, all information may be retained by our analytics providers on their own servers.
You can change which emails you receive through your email settings. While this removes most emails, some service related emails are still sent.
If you download the Helpmetry App you may also receive notifications on your mobile device. These can be disabled in the App settings.
European Union Data Transfer
Transfer of Data to the United States
You also recognize that the processing of your personal data in the United States might not provide for an equal level of data protection as is granted in countries within the European Union.
We may use your information to offer you products and services that we think may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of marketing communications. If you are in the European Economic Area, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before sending you any marketing communications. You may object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes at any time, free of charge, when we collect your personal information and in every marketing communication. We will never provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we follow industry standards to protect it. Full credit card numbers are never accessed by our system, and the most sensitive data we store, such as tax forms, are encrypted to keep them secure.
To further protect your information we suggest using a strong and unique password for your Helpmetry account. We also offer two-factor authentication as an additional security measure.
Helpmetry is not directed at children under the age of 13, and they may not create an account or otherwise use Helpmetry.
We may sometimes make changes to this policy. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under this policy, we will let you know by posting an announcement on the site or sending you an email prior to the changes coming into effect. Continuing to use Helpmetry after a change to this policy means you accept the new policy.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].